Gusto is an easy-to-use, all-in-one human resources (HR) platform that helps small businesses handle payroll, employee benefits, hiring, onboarding, time and attendance, and compliance. While the platform offers a comprehensive suite of tools for business owners and HR managers, its payroll system is especially great for small businesses. Let’s take a look at its Features, Benefits.
∎ Table of Contents-
- What is Gusto Payroll?
- Gusto Payroll Features & Benefits
- Why Gusto Is Best for Payroll?
- Gusto Payroll Pricing
What is Gusto Payroll?
Gusto payroll services is a software program that allows you to conduct and automate your payroll duties. While there is an overall HR platform that Gusto offers, you can purchase their software separately for payroll duties. Gusto also won’t charge you until you have the system set up and ready to go. According to Software Advice, Gusto is ranked as one of the highest-performing payroll services on the market. If you are looking for a payroll solution that is easy to implement, can automate most of your payroll duties, and provide you with flexibility, Gusto may be the perfect option.
Gusto Payroll Features & Benefits
- Run Payroll- Gusto takes the worry and pain out of running payroll with automation. Once you have the software up and running you just need to input your employee information. From there, you can track their time and run payroll.
- Automatic Tax Filing- One of the most common problems when calculating payroll is dealing with taxes. Gusto will automatically calculate and file local, state, and federal taxes on your behalf. No more guesswork or incorrect taxes.
- Time Tracking- Time tracking can be automated through employees clocking in on their desktop or phone using geolocation. Gusto payroll helps you track time whether employees are at the office or on a job site. Furthermore, Gusto will also handle your benefits deductions to save you time and stress.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)- Calculating PTO without an automated payroll system is a nightmare. You have to track and approve employee PTO and then calculate that into an employee’s paycheck. Gusto payroll allows you to input PTO with a couple of clicks and automatically integrate that into payroll. From there, you can approve and run payroll in minutes.
- 3rd Party Integrations- Like most businesses, you already have certain tools that help make your business run smoothly. Changing those tools can cause confusion among staff and take time to implement. Fortunately, Gusto payroll doesn’t make you choose between your favorite programs and supports 3rd party app integrations like Xero, Clover, Trainual, TSheets, QuickBooks.
- Pay by Direct Deposit, Check, or Pay Card- Around 93% of employees are paid by direct deposit and for good reason. It’s convenient and eliminates time wasters for employees. Gusto can help you pay employees, independent contractors, or others through Direct Deposit, Check, Pay Card.
- Payroll Reports- One of the biggest benefits of Gusto payroll reports. This can help you track this history of your payroll and make decisions for the future. Payroll reports allows to view critical data such as payroll history, bank transactions, contractor payments, PTO, tax payments, and more all in one location.
Why Gusto Is Best for Payroll?
While payroll processing is a staple feature among most HR software services, Gusto stands out among the competition for its comprehensive payroll tools and useful automations. Gusto can calculate payroll taxes and deductions for employees based on differing federal, state and local laws. Gusto also automatically calculates the employer’s share of payroll taxes and files them with the appropriate government agencies. We found its payroll features to be very user-friendly, and Gusto customers seem to agree. A reported 85% of Gusto customers said Gusto was easier to use than their last payroll tool.
Gusto Payroll Pricing
Gusto payroll offers 4 different plans for their payroll services. These plans also include some of their other products such as HR, Compliance, etc. Here are the plans and some of their offerings within those plans.
- Core Plan- This plan includes Full-Service Payroll, Employee Health and Benefits and 3rd Party Integrations.
- Complete Plan- This plan includes Everything in Core, Next-day Direct Deposit, Time Tracking and PTO and Hire and Onboarding Tools.
- Concierge Plan- This plan includes Everything in Complete, HR Resource Center, Certified HR Pros and Compliance Center.
- Custom Pricing Plan- This plan includes Every Feature in Concierge Customized to Your Business, Full-Service Payroll Migration and Exclusive Pricing.
Experts recommend Gusto for New and small businesses that do not have a great deal of experience or confidence with payroll, benefits and HR compliance, Small and midsize businesses that want to save a lot of time onboarding, insuring and paying their employees and contractors and Any business looking for a low-cost, all-in-one HR platform that is easy to use. Also note that Experts don’t recommend Gusto for Companies with a lot of international employees who cannot be compensated through Gusto and Enterprise-level companies with large accounting and HR departments, which may not find Gusto’s automated tools and features necessary.